Skip to main content

Turning 30 ;)

This post is a special one 😊 The one about - "Why God why 😭" birthday!

A lot of of friends asked me, how special was your first birthday after being married this year? Did your husband make it memorable?

 

Well.. Here's a post dedicated to the Mr. for making it a beautiful celebration. From being an unplanned backpacker to being the almost Mr.Perfect planner Paveen ensured I enjoyed every bit of my birthday! 😁

 

I'm definitely not a fan of fancy resorts, so when we took an auto to Stone Wood resort at Gokarna, I almost felt more disappointed that we weren't staying at a hostel by the beach 🙈 But kudos for the arrangement! Having a beautiful hut by the pool was so serene! and when it was time for the cake cutting, we were trying to find the perfect place by the beach.. and we made it to cutting the cake with dj at a restaurant! 

 


The most memorable part of the celebration was a sky lantern. I'd been bragging about wanting to fly a sky lantern by the beach since 3 years. Paveen thought it was best to be tried on my birthday. So he'd made all arrangements for 3 lanterns, a candle, matchbox and what not. so at 12.15 we started trying our luck to fly atleast one. Luckily, there was group of people with bonfire at the beach, taking in the heat from fire. 




All the 3 of our sky lanterns unfortunately failed. But not wanting to give up, my Mr. collected the wax square and said, even though the lanterns are torn lets just allow it to burn completely. And then at 12.45 amidst the cheer, claps and hoots of 200 other people, our sky lantern finally made it to the sky. My happiness knew no bounds and I was dancing!

 

They rightly say, it is always in the small things that there is lot of happiness. And in my case, having a partner who remembers the smallest details of my likes  and dislikes is a gift(and trust me - annoying sometimes 😁). 


Thank you for making my day so memorable and making it feel complete. We spent an entire day at a temple that day as we had some functions to attend. I loved every bit of my birthday! So here's a cheesy post owing it all to my honeybunch ! I Love You Mr. Paveen Shetty 💓


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life - Upside Down!

It is 6 in the morning. My alarm rings and I am up within 5secs so my next door neighbor will not complain about the alarm waking them as well 😋 कराग्रे वसते लक्ष्मिः करमध्ये सरस्वति । करमूले तु गोविन्दः प्रभाते करदर्शनम् ॥   Just while i am rubbing my hands and placing them over my eyes - I hesitate to touch my face, I am suppressing my cough and trying to check if my throat is hurting? This has been the pattern for almost a week now. This new virus has not only drained people physically but also mentally. For some of us, this dry cough, sore throat has always been a part and parcel of our lives. But now even a minute of these feeling send a shiver down our spine.One is always worried if this routine is an indication of the scary virus. What is more worse is the thought that if you have got it and are giving it to others as well. While sharing is caring, given the current situation as the doctors and govt is appealing - at this hour of emergency, what is required most from

Happy Trails To You!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go” – A quote that suits me so beautifully well. Before I want to write about my winter trek, I would proudly want to call this a personal achievement. Why? Because for someone who cannot really bear the Bengaluru winters ..well Kedarkantha was no less than a life challenge. With not even a second of skin to be exposed to air, I survived India’s most favorite winter trek. Yes, this trek was as exciting as it sounds from my first paragraph! This was a surprise trek planned. Many came into the plan but had to drop out in between for various reasons. But still – We made it!! With initial advance booking of the trek via Thrillophia, we were promised that the trek group will consists of 18-20 people. But can you guess the number of people of our group? 105 it was. Oh yes, this was just one of our group with this number and there were atleast 20 groups more with similar numbers everyday. Yes, that wa